No Need to Speed
Speeding wrecks lives.
Retro games need keyboards. Visit us on desktop for the full game experience.
For more than two decades, speeding has been involved in approximately one-third of all motor
vehicle fatalities. In 2021, speed was a contributing factor in 29% of all traffic fatalities, killing
When you choose to speed you are not only endangering your own life, but the lives of others. Posted speed limits are not suggestions—they are the law—and they are determined by traffic data to ensure optimal safety for that specific road. Speed can also affect your safety when driving too fast for conditions, such as bad weather or roads that aren’t properly lit.
Dangers of Speeding
- Increased degree of crash severity and injury
- Increased stopping distance
- Potential for loss of vehicle control
- Reduced effectiveness of occupant safety features
- Costly speeding tickets and inconvenient court dates
- Loss of life ☠️☠️☠️
There is NO excuse for speeding.
- You “didn’t know” you were speeding
- You don’t know the speed limit or didn’t see a sign
- You were keeping up with the flow of traffic
- You were running late for work, the doctor, a funeral or ________
- You urgently need to use the toilet (or get a new pair of pants)
Tips to maintain a safe speed
- Pay attention to posted speed limits
- Reduce speed in substandard conditions
- Set your cruise control during interstate travel
- Allow ample time to travel to your destination